Using a Custom “From” Email Address
MergeMail sends emails using Gmail, so if you want to change the “From” email address of your MergeMail, you can simply change it when you’re writing your email in Gmail.
To use a custom “From” address, you can do the following:
- Follow Gmail’s steps for sending emails from a different address or alias
- When you compose your MergeMail campaign in Gmail, choose a different value for the “From” address in Gmail
- Send your MergeMail campaign, and MergeMail will send the emails using the custom “From” address
Using a Custom “From” Name
To use your usual Gmail email address but change the “From” name (e.g., “John Smith” to “John B. Smith”), you can do the following:
- In Gmail, click the Settings icon (a gear) on the upper right, then click “See all settings”
- Click the “Accounts” tab
- Find “Send mail as:” and click on “edit info”
- Change the name to the new name that you want to use
After choosing a new name, any MergeMail campaigns that you send will be sent using the new name.